[clug] Wiping a (running) system...

Francis Whittle fj.whittle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 21:13:40 MDT 2010

You could try doing a pivot_root onto tmpfs (obviously after copyingwhat
you need onto there)

So something like

	mount tmproot -t tmpfs -o size=1G,nr_inodes=16k /mnt/tmproot

	rsync -aPx / /mnt/tmproot

	pivot_root /mnt/tmproot /mnt/tmproot

There's obviously going to be some fluff around that (A lot of processes
should die or they'll still be trying to write to files that are opened
on a different filesystem structure), but that's more or less the guts
of it.