[clug] /dev/snd permissions

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Jul 5 03:02:34 MDT 2010

The OP (me) expected the upgrade to adjust what it needs. As a matter of
fact I avoid fiddling with any settings manually and allow fedora to freely take
care of business. It mostly does.

And yes, I really dislike the idea of a fresh install. For those who did not try,
doing an upgrade (via 'yum install preupgrade' etc.) leaves you with a healthy
(large) collection of .rpmnew files, many of them actually identical to the
base ones (what is the logic here?).

This (12->13) time I upgraded using the release DVD followed buy a chunky
'yum update'.

I do appreciate that this is a real, difficult, problem. We need to move away
from the plethora of config files towards a more portable way of describing
what a user wants/needs and allow each package to use this as it needs.

cheers
	Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)