[clug] Terminal Control Sequences

moncojhr moncojhr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 08:53:53 MDT 2010

Thanks for the input, so for instance with this:

echo -e '\033]2;Hello\007'

which is ESC ] 2 ; Hello BEL

Am I able to actually type this in?

So far i tried to type in the sequence

ESC ] 2 ; H e l l o Ctrl+G

But nothing happens? Where as echo -e '\033]2;Hello\007' does work, so...
maybe ctrl+g is not inputing a BEL character?

Thanks!