[clug] NetworkManager issue?

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Sun Jan 24 04:33:32 MST 2010

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> Jan 23 16:43:30 e7 nm-system-settings:    ifcfg-rh: parsing
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 ...
> Jan 23 16:43:30 e7 nm-system-settings:    ifcfg-rh:     error: Missing or
> invalid IP4 prefix '0'

Fedora 9, perchance?

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2008-August/msg00105.html

That message says nothing about whether the bug actually affects anything.

Frankly, I'd tend to suggest NetworkManager is your problem.... it usually
is.

If your routing is all static, why not just use the old stuff?  I
recollect that it should be as simple as "chkconfig --off NetworkManager"
and "chkconfig --on <somethingelse>".

> Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.