[clug] Ever received a .dat file from an <other OS> user?

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Sat Jan 16 03:58:15 MST 2010

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010, Hal Ashburner wrote:

>> pbarker at milligan:~$ cat test.sh
>> #!/bin/sh set -o nounset

> Is this wise?

You're correct, it is unwise :-)

I thought to myself, "will have to change the shebang lines" - my fingers
didn't get the message..... the other two problems with that script:
  - no "set -e"
  - no line after the failing line to test that the script exits on that
failure.  It does so even without the "set -e".

> Would #!/bin/bash be a better option there? Or is it all just swings and
> roundabouts.

No, definitely a good idea to specify bash when using its extensions, IMHO
:-)

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.