[clug] Downloading binaries from Newsgroups?

Felix Karpfen felix at spodzone.org.uk
Tue Jan 5 18:22:17 MST 2010

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 08:28:35 +1100, Nathan O'Sullivan wrote:

> I would suggest starting by trying that (hellanzb) instead of Pan.

Thank you for the advice.

I note that "hellanzb" can readily be installed from my Debian Lenny
disks.

And, from its web-page, the USING instruction for hellanzb are
engagingly simple.

But I am looking for pointers to a guided tour of the "NZB World".

I have located:

https://www.binsearch.info/faq.php

but find its content to be brief and cryptic.

I would welcome a more leisurely exposition of the topic, unless - as
Steve Jenkin's direct reply hints - I am better off by continuing in my
ignorance.

Felix Karpfen
--
Felix Karpfen