[clug] Wanted: Developer to securely implement a restricted SSH shell

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Jan 4 16:41:09 MST 2010

Nathan O'Sullivan wrote:

> It actually does more than I want. I used it as one reference to see
> how it hangs together and is a rough basis for my implementation by
> using a custom shell.
>
> It doesnt really do anything in terms of trying to protect itself
> except setting PATH, so I'm not sure how widespread its usage is. The
> bulk of the script is Perl though and not bash, which could be a good
> idea to avoid unknown features.
I get asked a fair bit about it in the ##xen channel on freenode, and I
know of a few Australian VPS providers who are using it, including some
who have gotten quite deep into the code base and extended it's functions.

As much as I hate "how to forge", they have some info on setting it up
at http://www.howtoforge.com/xen_tools_xen_shell_argo_p2 if other people
on list are interested.

Steve

--