[clug] Wanted: Developer to securely implement a restricted SSH shell

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Mon Jan 4 00:15:51 MST 2010

On 01/04/2010 06:03 PM, Nathan O'Sullivan wrote:

>> Are you thinking of implementing a restricted shell and using openssh,
>> or a custom ssh server?
>>
> I was thinking a custom shell with openssh;

Inside the authorized_keys file you can specify a command to be run when a given key is
used.  You could generate a set of key pairs for each xm console command required.  Or if
a specific user needs access to a specific xm console then you just use the user's public
key with the appropriate command= entry.

Look for AUTHORIZED_KEYS FILE FORMAT in the sshd man page.

Brett