[clug] Wanted: Developer to securely implement a restricted SSH shell

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Sun Jan 3 23:24:51 MST 2010

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 05:21:10PM +1100, Michael Still wrote:
> Nathan O'Sullivan wrote:
>> If you or your company do this kind of work, please mail me off-list. I
>> am happy to discuss someone working on this after hours and would love
>> to put a bit of cash into the pockets of a list member.
>>
>> Or if you can recommend someone that would be excellent too.
>>

>> I've posted the requirements off list, but to summarise: I need a way
>> to let customers access their Xen domU console ("xm console $DOMAIN")
>> over SSH, while doing our utmost to prevent the customer from doing
>> anything else on the dom0.
>>
>> Further description and a naive implementation is available at
>> http://www.mammothmedia.com.au/~nats/restricted-shell-job.txt
>
> Are you thinking of implementing a restricted shell and using openssh,
> or a custom ssh server?

Bob has some code in the svn repository here that does a restricted ssh job
for students submitting assignments with elevated privoleges on a different
server, he may be able to help you out with that if you have a look at how
it works.

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
i guess that you dialed my number, because you thought for sure that i'd agree