[clug] OpenSource Alternative to Aperture for Photos

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 20:13:09 MST 2010

Karun:
> I am looking for an OpenSource alternative to Apple Aperture for photos.
> Ideally it would run on Linux and Mac OS X.
> Are there any?

Feature wise, the not-very-open-source Picasa from Google is possibly
similar to Aperture but on Linux it's very wine-y.

I use DigiKam a bit but I wish it had a straightforward workflow from
camera to selection to editing to web gallery. Its import and
organising is pretty good though. I have used F-Spot a bit and its web
gallery integration is good but IIRC it relies on some mono libraries
so may not suit everyone.

--
MC