[clug] Internode dumps FOSS for MS Exchange

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Thu Feb 18 04:48:25 MST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Karun Dambiec <kdambiec at ieee.org> wrote:
> It is good the National Archives has adopted ODF. Is there any plans for
> other government departments to, whom provide documents to the Archives?

Actually, the NAA is a complete Microsoft shop. Microsoft's binary
formats are the officially sanctioned document formats. It's only the
Digital Preservation section who use ODF to help mitigate against the
risk of being unable to read those documents in the future.

This is where part of my questions arise. Quite simply, I'm sick and
tired of pushing for free software at my work, with friends and
colleagues. It's so exhausting. Hence why I raise this topic on the
CLUG list, to get some other people's insights into what my attitude
should be.

-c