[clug] Note to self: working with embedded systems

Brian brians at en.com.au
Wed Feb 17 16:54:06 MST 2010

I bought a 10.1" netbook (Asus 1001HA) and installed Ubuntu with
encrypted home
to use to take system notes, setups etc as I am doing the install for
the same reason.

Small netbook with 6 hr battery just gets opened on the workbench and
make notes as you go.

Just started using Zim (desktop wiki) to organise notes and session and
setups but keep the
serial numbers etc in a text file.

Camera is also good to record lots of details, serial numbers, etc to
save writing and errors.

Brian