[clug] bittorrent

Hal Ashburner hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 03:50:38 MST 2010

crontab & rtorrent is one way to do that
where you can substitute any command line torrent client for rtorrent.
2 crontab entries, one to stop
$ crontab -e
#then add lines something like this to the file
02 02 * * * "/usr/bin/rtorrent directory/*.torrent"
02 06 * * * /usr/bin/killall rtorrent"

And good on you for helping distribute free software when you're not
otherwise using your network connection.

Hal Ashburner