[clug] Anonymous and Legion

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Feb 15 19:05:09 MST 2010

On 16/02/2010, at 12:06 , Scott Ferguson wrote:

> Anonymous is somewhat composed of 14 year old script kiddies with a penchant for goatse (if you need to ask - you don't want to know). Anonymous for the most part is a group that communicates by chat (irc://irc.anonnet.org#projectfreeweb and others).

> So you have a bunch of "Fight Club fan" bois (as someone said - using there mum's broadband) with a hormones looking to justify their anger at being social marginalized (because they are obnoxious). And competing to see who can tell the biggest lies about their exploits. ie. "spokespeople" who speak for a group who have no leader.
> Anonymous has organised a "silent protest" for this coming Saturday (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Operation_Titstorm_IRL#Canberra)- it would be good if some of those opposed to the plans for censorship were to show their faces their (meet)behind the National Library - in order to counter the 4chan stereotype, and help keep any socially challenged participants in check.

Let me see if I've got this straight.  Your claim is that "Anonymous" is a bunch of basement virgin /b/tards.  They claim to be organising a rally in Canberra (arse end of the universe, regardless what continent you live on).  You then state that we should attend to keep the /b/tards in check.

So… if they're really /b/tard basement virgins, are we really expecting anyone to actually turn up in Canberra?

And if *I* turn up to join the protest, doesn't that mean that I'm allying myself with a bunch of folks who have only just recently engaged in activity designed to interrupt the daily operation of Government? Can someone point out how I can possibly turn up to that protest without being tarred with the "faxes porn to ministers" brush?

Is this really just a case of /b/tards messin' wit' y'all?

Alex