[clug] Modern palmtop

Ben Nizette bn at niasdigital.com
Sun Feb 14 01:14:58 MST 2010

On 14/02/2010, at 6:48 PM, Hal Ashburner wrote:

> If you're going to go down this road of using an electronic device where there is no electricity to take presumably extremely important notes how you're going to deal with it /when/ it fails and the flash memory is unrecoverable.

I believe the idea is that paper notes will be taken during the day and typed/edited/collated by night reducing the amount of work to be done back in Aus (and increasing the editing quality because the events are still fresh).  Flash failure wouldn't be /totally/ catastrophic.  But yea, no-one likes loosing work and it isn't completely unlikely in this case!  A slew of SD cards keeping backups is a likely solution.

> Wish him the best of luck with his research from all of us.

Thanks, I will!

	--Ben.