[clug] Modern palmtop

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 21:59:49 MST 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 13:59, steve jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> They also reviewed "hand-wound" cell phone chargers.
> My take: don't bother... "Fingers got sore after 2 minutes" [into a dead
> battery]

And on this note if _all_ you really want to do is type up notes,
perhaps consider a smartphone. Much less power required and with an
external bluetooth keyboard than can be quite handy to type up simple
stuff. Solar phone chargers are certainly available.

I have used the internal quickoffice thing in my Nokia E71 like this
quite successfully.  And used Putty connected via SSH to the work
machine running vi! :)

Granted the small screen on the E71 is not crash hot for this sort of
thing but there are other devics with much larger screens about that
might do the trick.