[clug] Article on building Linux 1080p media player + DVR for AU$600

Adam Baxter voltagex at voltagex.org
Fri Feb 12 04:36:52 MST 2010

I'm sure I linked it, nevermind.

The first one I looked at is $129 for
http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/TinyTwin.html which is
exceedingly expensive, but they're the first company to just straight out
tell me which chipset they're using (Avermedia said "trade secret"). The
other option is to look at the Hauppage cards. Some work is also being done
on the AF90*35* chipset, which is newer sibling of the 9015 that's in the
DigitalNow/KWorld gear. Afatech are quite slow at releasing specs/code -
they're still "looking into it" for the 9035.