[clug] Help sourcing Arduino kit

Rob Bolin rob at unigon.tv
Thu Feb 11 21:45:35 MST 2010

Afternoon all,

I attended last night's PSIG and got all keen to purchase and play with
the Arduino (I was interested before, but now I'm keen - and I have
permission to spend some cash :-) ). I've been looking around the web, and
put together a shopping list (below) and now I'm looking for a reasonably
priced/reliable supplier. I initially looked at Little Bird, but they put
me off when I was at the check out by adding the gst on top of the prices
displayed through their website (big hint, tell me the whole price, not
just part of it, when I'm browsing...)

Shopping list:
Arduino Starter Kit
Ethernet Shield
Making Things Talk (book)
Practical Arduino (Jon and Hugh's book)
Arduino Power Supply

Any comments about suppliers, or my shopping list, gratefully accepted...

Cheers and thanks

Rob