[clug] [OT] quest for keyboards

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:54:36 MST 2010

On 3 February 2010 06:49, Brendan Jurd <direvus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 February 2010 06:38, Lana Brindley <lanabrindley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What's a chorded keyboard? (Excuse my ignorance).
>
> Rather than having one key per 2 characters (one regular and one
> shifted), a chorded keyboard has only a few keys (for example, 7 keys)
> and you input characters by pressing down several keys together.  Like
> playing a chord on a musical instrument, hence the name.
>
> I've never used one, or even seen one in the flesh, but it does seem
> like a cool idea.

Hmmm. I can see the learning curve on that being horrific ... !

Thanks for the explanation :)

Cheers! Lana

Don't you wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence?
There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work.
  - Gallagher

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more information.