[clug] Canberra electric vehicles group - first contact

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Mon Feb 1 16:01:57 MST 2010

Alot of that cost would be batteries which are coming down in price
fast. Try

http://www.hobbyking.com/

I know a lot of RC guy who buy stuff from there. Be careful with your
batteries as the number of charge-discharge cycles you can get from
various manufacturers can vary greatly and the voltage-amperage
characteristics can also vary a great deal even on batteries with the
same supposed C rating. If your putting a large battery pack together
you may which to purchase a small number of batteries first and test
cycle them with a test load similar to the intended application (in some
application you may only get 25 cycles on low quality batteries).

There's also a battery manufacturer out there who will make to order. No
idea of the pricing and  the name escapes me, but if anyone is
interested I can probably dig it up.

As to the go-kart question, there's a go-kart store in Mitchell on
Heffernan St. They may know were you can find an old second hand chassis.

Stable Karting
77 Heffernan St
Mitchell ACT 2911

(02) 6241 0446

Lastly, here's a link a friend sent me yesterday of a 6k5W bike:
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=813504

Jeff.