[clug] DreamBook?

Angus Gratton gus at projectgus.com
Thu Dec 2 17:53:06 MST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 11:06 +1100, Robert Edwards wrote:
> Yep, the Maylong M150 reviewed by Ars Technica looks identical to the
> DreamBook for sale in Big W. I'll stay away...

It's really a shame these products are showing up in mainstream retail
stores. People are going to buy them (or get them for Christmas), expect
an iPad, and get a total clunker. It's bad business, and it also
reflects badly on Android in general.

> Congrats on getting Froyo going on the Eken M001.

"Going" is a relative term, it's pretty slow and clunky and the 128Mb
RAM ceiling is too low. It was kinda fun to work through it all, though.

I would actually like to try this on a 256Mb tablet, so if anyone has
the BigW one and wants to let me (non-destructively) play with it for a
couple of hours, I'd be much obliged. :)

> I might be able
> to make it to Dickson College next Tuesday. What time are you all
> going to be there?

Great! We start at 6:15pm, details on our site at
http://www.makehackvoid.com/node/212

All welcome. :)

- Angus