[clug] linux Digest, Vol 92, Issue 62

Keith keiths at apex.net.au
Tue Aug 31 19:36:58 MDT 2010

On Friday 27 August 2010 11:00:37 Robert Edwards wrote:

 > For some weird reason, AM reception at my place has badly deteriorated
 > recently and I can't find the source of the interference.

	For a long shot possibility, some months ago I found I was getting 110v AC current on my
telephone line, in addition to the normal 9v DC.   Much searching failed to find an origin and all I
(eventually) got from Telstra was that it was normal and nothing to worry about.  One friend has
suggested it may be ADSL feedback from somewhere and another that at some point the telephone line
may be running in close proximity to a power line and getting inductance.  Dunno whether there could
be any connection but have you thought of testing your power and telephone voltages?

Keith Sayers                                        keiths at apex.net.au
6 Clambe Place,
CHARNWOOD, ACT 2615
Australia                              http://www.apex.net.au/~keiths