[clug] Digital Camera selection help

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 18:55:54 MDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:

> I'm curious as to what you mean by "everyone else getting it wrong".

Well, shutter lag is the big one. And I mean the difference between
milliseconds and seconds. It really is huge. I still don't get how
people put up with it. I haven't used the current generation of
Panasonic cameras, but at least up until a couple of years ago, none
had *any* detectable shutter lag. IIRC fast RAM was used to
immediately cache the CCD's output.

Then there's lens quality and image processing - both of which were
excellent on the Panasonics and rather variable on others I've used.

--
MC