[clug] Made to fix it :-)

Brendan Jurd direvus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 06:27:29 MDT 2010

On 31 August 2010 22:20, Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net> wrote:
> I know Tridge said using parallel make is a bad thing, but in this case I
> think I can probably get away with it... :-)

Without meaning to detract in any way from your lovely real-world
example of a useful Makefile, I don't believe Tridge said anything
about "parallel make" being bad.  He did mention the potential badness
of "recursive make" (in reference to the paper "Recursive make
considered harmful" [1]) but that's a totally separate topic.

Please accept my congratulations on finding such an elegant solution
to your problem.

Cheers,
BJ

[1] http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/books/rmch/