[clug] Streaming ABC radio

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 26 19:23:55 MDT 2010

On 27/08/10 11:00, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
> On 27 August 2010 10:55, Robert Edwards<bob at cs.anu.edu.au>  wrote:
>
>> Hadn't thought of VLC, but I will need some hand-holding.
>>
>> VLC says (when "pointed at
>> http://www.abc.net.au/canberra/includes/winstream.asx"):
>>
>> "No suitable decoder module:
>> VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there
>> is no way for you to fix this."
>>
>> Doesn't sound like it thinks I have much chance of success.
>
> Hmmm.... maybe you're missing a compile-time option to VLC (e.g.
> win32codecs)?  I'll try it when I get home tonight to see if it works
> there.

So, I am running on Lucid and I have the following VLC packages:

# dpkg --get-selections | grep vlc
libvlc2						install
libvlccore0					install
libvlccore2					install
vlc						install
vlc-data					install
vlc-nox						install
vlc-plugin-jack					install
vlc-plugin-pulse				install
vlc-plugin-sdl					install

# apt-cache search win32 vlc
#

I can't see any other win32 vlc-related packages that I might
install (unless they are from a PPA somewhere).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.