[clug] FOSS Job in MEL: Fastmail/Opera

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Aug 24 17:40:37 MDT 2010

steve jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au> writes:

> This came across 'fastmail.fm'.  I wasn't aware they developed the "Opera"
> browser.

They don't: they develop on the Cyrus IMAP server, and did for years, while
operating an "email as a service" system.  Which, incidentally, worked
extremely well.  Then Opera came along and bought them up half a year back.

They are a great place to work, though, say the folks I know working for them.

        Daniel

Oh, and they funded the IMAP proxy support in NGINX, IIRC.