[clug] HP DL380 unrecognisable disks

Adrian adrian.blake at ieee.org
Fri Aug 20 14:42:10 MDT 2010

On 20/08/10 16:12, Adam Thomas wrote:
> On 20 August 2010 15:45, Adrian<adrian.blake at ieee.org>  wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install Ubuntu on and HP DL380 G3. It has a Smart Array 5300
>> SCSI controller.
>>
>> The CD boots but the hard disks are not recognised.
>>
>> Is it a BIOS setting or something in Ubuntu boot process.
>>
> What have you tried already?
>
> Have you configured logical drives using the processes described here:
> http://docs.hp.com/en/J6369-90075/ch03s03.html
>
> > From memory the drivers create the device nodes using it's own naming
> convention so they might be there just in a weird place. Are there any
> device nodes in /dev/cciss/?

If I use the internal SCSI controller it will work. That is a Smart
Array 5i. I think the problem is setting the IRQ of the PCI controller
Smart Array 5300.

It was originally wired as using the PCI controller in simplex. I would
have thought that using the integrated/internal controller in duplex
would give the best performance.

Adrian

--
Adrian Blake