[clug] 2 questions (glut'ish)

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 18:38:16 MDT 2010

>> So before I attempt to debug a binary blob, is anyone else out there
>> using GLUT + nvidia and having the same issues?  As far as I can tell
>> the bug is something to do with when the app requests the various
>> what it expects, perhaps something has changed in the API...
>
> Have you tried disabling (even uninstalling) compiz? I know compiz was
> also in Karmic, so this may not be the cause, but it does cause all
> manner of similar issues with Java and other 3D apps.

Yup, and sad to say no dice.   compiz was the source of grief with
another bug in the same apps that I have now fixed.  Truth be told I
suspect it will be quicker to just rewrite the windowing part of the
code in gtkglext rather than debugging. The entire app was written in
GLUT, windows, buttons text input boxes as this was in the days of
X11/motif.