[clug] New list?

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 18:28:42 MDT 2010

It would be a pity to fork the list and the suggestion of sticking to
well defined threads (ironed or otherwise) may be a good compromise.

I am on this list as an ardent user of Linux for daily computing and
communication and I'm continually surprised at what it can do and how
well it can work.  Although, it must be said, I get harangued by
diehard purists that Ubuntu is not really Linux and it is has been so
productized by the big end of town that I might as well be using
Window$ or that Apple thingy. OK, I accept that - I am 'just a mug
user'...

Nevertheless, I like the product, I like the philosophy and I like the
potential and I look to CLUG to learn new 'stuff' and extend my
knowledge of the operating environment and what you can do with it.  A
lot of the technical and programmatic stuff is beyond me, but I value
the hints and command line fu that shows what is going on and what can
be done beyond the GUI.  And surely, once Linux has become productized
and lamestream, isn't that the indicator that as an OS it has arrived?

Like any other list,  I skim over what I regard as crap and revel in
the gold... but, my crap is quite likely another person's gold... (ok,
that did not come out quite the way I intended...;)

jim

--
Jim Croft ~ jim.croft at gmail.com ~ +61-2-62509499 ~

Please send URIs, not attachments: