[clug] 2 questions (glut'ish)

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 18:22:30 MDT 2010

Hi all,

1. I am responsible for 2 legacy (~1990!) GLUT apps that were
originally written on an SGI in GL and then I ported to OpenGL many
years ago. Things have been rather peachy for a long time with only
small changes required.

However there is currently a bit of a show stopper issue with a
combination of the nvidia drivers in Ubuntu Lucid
(173.14.22-0ubuntu11) and freeglut. I get colormap issues and the app
runs but everthing is in black and white (1 bit? :). Everything is
fine with the karmic nvidia binaries though...

So before I attempt to debug a binary blob, is anyone else out there
using GLUT + nvidia and having the same issues?  As far as I can tell
the bug is something to do with when the app requests the various
what it expects, perhaps something has changed in the API...

2. We should form a "linux party" for the next election.

a (1 list with wildly meandering threads is fine by me)