[clug] New list?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Thu Aug 19 04:26:59 MDT 2010

Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> writes:

I don't know how well that would work: where is the line between technical and
non-technical discussion?

On which side does, say, GPL licensing for a project fit?  Not a technical
issue, but a legal one, or possibly an ethical one, depending.

However, something that might come up in an otherwise technical discussion?
Absolutely.

Likewise, software freedom day: clearly a non-technical subject; what happens
when someone wants to talk about what software to distribute?  Is that tech or
non-tech?  When does it cross the line?

I think, at best, you are inviting arguments over personal judgement with this
distinction: what you see as "non-technical" I might see as "technical", or
the other way around.

Finally, what penalty are you proposing when people violate this rule, and how
are you proposing it be enforced?

        Daniel