[clug] New list?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Wed Aug 18 21:54:41 MDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:45 AM, David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au> wrote:

> I'll ignore the "with all due respect" - you may well be the person in the world who says that without meaning "you're an idiot" ;-P

Actually, I really did mean that because I respect that the list
currently does permit social talk (the only thing it does not permit
is adverts by non-list members). Like I said, I'm not trying to stop
people from saying what they want to, I just want a place where I can
discuss Linux issues with technical people without the noise. I
understand that the CLUG list is not the medium to do that, so case
closed.

> +1 - putting it in my inevitable blunt style (and noone will probably like me for it), LinuxSA started to decline when the lists split.

I get the message, loud and clear. Over and out.

-c