[clug] Organiser for Stallman visit

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 18 18:02:26 MDT 2010

On 15/08/10 22:02, Bob Edwards wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are trying to arrange for Richard Stallman to visit CLUG on a
> non-CLUG Thursday evening (7th October). Alas, I will be away on
> holiday with my family and Paul Wayper will be otherwise occupied.
>
> So, is there anyone reasonably involved in the CLUG meeting format
> who would like to take on arranging a visit from Richard Stallman?
> Including liaising with Richard before the visit to sort out what
> will be covered etc.?
>
> Please get back to me and let me know if you are interested. I will
> arrange for CSIT N101 to be available if this goes ahead.
>
> Richard will be giving other public lectures in Canberra earlier in
> that week.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob Edwards.

So, no-one has responded so far.

I do have a guy interesting in helping arrange a Thursday night meeting
who is not on the CLUG list. Before I hand it over to him, I guess it
would be good to be able to let him know how many people are likely to
want to come to a Thursday evening talk on the 7th with RMS?

Please get back to me directly if you are reasonably sure you'd come
along on that Thursday evening, and any further suggestions of things
you'd like to hear RMS talk about.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.