[clug] Out of Memory: Kill process 2689 (mysqld) score 33827 and children.

Carlo Hamalainen carlo.hamalainen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 21:04:37 MDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
> Do you really think so?  With 150 Apache clients, running PHP, I would be
> pretty surprised if this wasn't just regular old memory exhaustion.  They only
> have 3MB of unique memory per Apache process *without* counting anything like
> the MySQL service, or the kernel, or anything else.

I've been watching the mod_status page of Apache and I'm not seeing
any processes hanging around in the 'W' state with high CPU time.
Usually the system goes down after 4 to 7 days so I'll have to write a
cron job to regularly save the Apache status page and perhaps a few
other things. I'm tending towards this being a plain lack of ram but
time will tell.

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

--
Carlo Hamalainen