[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Aug 16 21:05:10 MDT 2010

Hi Bob,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:53:57 +1000 Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:

> > Senator Conroy on Hack tomorrow. Send any NBN/filter qns through to hack at abc.net.au #openinternet #ausvotes
> >
> Why does the ABC insist that the Australian constituency interact
> with their elected representatives and political leaders through a
> privately owned and operated, foreign social media site? (which,

That is just one way (and I agree with you).  However, you can always
send you message via email.  Or probably even ring them (on the old
fashioned telephone - also owned and operated by private companies some
of whom are foreign owned).

> I'm uncomfortable about where this is going - clearly others aren't so.

I just call people who use Twitter twits :-)

Anyway, Bob, I think we should form "Grumpy old technologists". :-)
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/