[clug] [OT] Ugly vicious swine Web developers

Grant Allen gxallen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 19:28:22 MDT 2010

Hi Scott,

Having helped some friends through a similar debacle through to the completion of two court cases, I can offer some anecdotal data to help you/them.

Don't embark on legal proceedings with the expectation of seeing a cent from the "cartel".  Your client's chances of having the court award against them are reasonable, but the track record of the cartel is such that they will simply fold, and do the phoenix-company trick 6 months later, leaving your client out of pocket twice.  It can be cathartic, and even fun (being an expert witness is kinda cool, but not quite Law & Order cool).  It won't bring back their money.

It sounds like you've already told them this in a variety of ways, but you should be clear with them.  Resolving their issues with the cartel, and creating their new website should now be treated as two different things.  But then again, they've spurned your advice once already ...

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)