[clug] [OT] Ugly vicious swine Web developers

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Aug 16 18:36:47 MDT 2010

On 17/08/2010, at 09:40 , Scott Ferguson wrote:

> One of my current clients contracted a company based near the Gold Coast
> to design and develop a website for their company.

> I documented all of the above and my suggestion (don't have anything to
> do with them) to the clients (and they ignored me).

If this was World of Warcraft, I'd say "stop healing the mouthbreathing firestanders."  But it's not, and being "community minded" in this day and age means working directly against Dawinian Selection.

So yes, help them.  But don't do it pro bono.  They acted contrary to your advice the first time around, which means your hourly rate should be at least double.

ACA might not be interested since there's not much about a broken web site that can be made to look bad on camera, regardless of how black & white & grainy you make the picture, or how deep and ominous you make the background music.

Alex