[clug] Ubuntu Netbook Edition - simple question (hopefully)

Sanders King sanders at mupanda.com
Sun Aug 15 04:43:32 MDT 2010

Hey All,

I recently tested Ubuntu Netbook within VirtualBox and liked many features
especially the 'singleton' launch of applications. (i.e. If you try to
launch an application a second time you just get focus put back to the
already launched copy.)

I thought that this would suit my forgetful grey-haired mother and so I
installed Ubuntu 10.04 for her and then used Synaptic to install
ubuntu-netbook-* and netbook-launcher-efl.  I thought that this would give
me the same result as installing Ubuntu Netbook Edition, however I am not
getting applications launched as singletons (and some other minor
differences).  I have compared version numbers of the various bits to those
in the VirtualBox install and I can't see any differences.

It seems crazy to me reinstall Ubuntu Netbook Edition just to solve this
problem (and go through another round of automatic updates).

I Googled and came up with nothing useful.  Does anybody have any ideas?

Cheers

Sanders