[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Sun Aug 15 01:26:34 MDT 2010

Ben Nizette <bn at niasdigital.com> wrote:
> A good example of this point is of course the climate change debate.  My cousin works for a major polling agency and told me the other day that she hates it there at the moment.  The federal government have commissioned 4 surveys over the last 3 years and have just commissioned a 5th trying to gauge the public readiness for climate change legislation.  The reason for my cousin hating her job is that "it's so depressing when you see the results, the public are so ready for change it's unbelievable.  Or work says the policy will make it past the people but it just can't make it past the politicians".

What questions are they asking to get these answers? I doubt most people
really want to pay more for petrol or groceries. I'm in the distinct
minority when I say petrol and electricity are way cheaper than their
true cost and should be more expensive.

> Right!  Cheryl Kernot is running for the Senate again at this election (as an independent) and during an interview she said "Yesterday's solutions are todays problems.  Why can't people accept that and accept it when parties change their policies?".

Because flip-flopping is a sign of weakness. Only weaklings can't
predict the future forever, only weaklings make mistakes, and only
weaklings try to correct past mistakes. You don't want a weakling in
charge, do you?
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au