[clug] An EBCDIC lex ?

Paul Matthews plm at netspace.net.au
Fri Aug 13 21:08:46 MDT 2010

  G'Day All,

At work we a mainframe, not one of these new fancy mainframes with Linux
running on it, but the old fashioned TSO, JCL and COBOL type of mainframes.

Recently we gained access to a C compiler (and there was much rejoicing).

Now was going to use lex/flex to help with a little domain specific
language. So my cunning plan was to use flex on Linux (i686) to produce
the C code. Then cut and paste it to the mainframe. However flex
produces lots of tables and other assumptions, that only work on an
ASCII platform.

Has anyone seen a flex like tool that can be told to produce EBCDIC?

--
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.