[clug] Video Online - Re: August CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Fri Aug 13 02:27:12 MDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 08:00:01AM +1000, Paul Wayper wrote:
> 	CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 12th August 2010
> 	===================================================================
>
> Date:		12th August 2010 (Second Thursday of the month)
>
> Time:		19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)
>
> Speaker:	Andrew Tridgell
>
> Abstract:	Tridge will be giving a talk about the build system
> 		'Waf'.
>
> 		Waf is a new build system that supports multiple build
> 		phases, encourages reliable builds, has excellent
> 		performance, flexibility and scalability, and is very
> 		easy to use and deploy. Tridge will be talking about how
> 		he's used it to revolutionise the build process for
> 		SaMBa.
>
> Venue:		Room N101
> 		Computer Science and Information Technology Building
> 		North Road
> 		The Australian National University
>
> 		See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map
>
> Food/drink:	Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
> 		about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
> 		want some.
>
> If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.

And if anyone wishes to see this talk

http://mirror.linux.org.au/lug/clug/psig/2010-08-12_tridge_psig_Waf_Build_System.ogv

The file is 218 MB, 2 hours of talk. Tridge went on tangents [0] and jumped
around a lot. Also he kept talking about it as he walked out the door toward
the restaurant, I did not keep filming at the restaurant (that may have been
creepy).

Hope people enjoy.

Now I know where the camera is, and due to the fact I will be at CLUG most
of the time for the next few months I think I may make an effort to record
them more often.

	See You
	    Steve

[0] the best tangent related sig of course is
"Never go off on tangents, which are lines that intersect a curve at only
one point and were discovered by Euclid, who lived in the 6th century, which
was an era dominated by the Goths, who lived in what we now know as Poland.
- Nov. 1998 issue of Infosystems Executive."

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
you'll say did they love you or what, i'll say they love what i do