[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Ben Nizette bn at niasdigital.com
Thu Aug 12 22:59:17 MDT 2010

On 13/08/2010, at 2:22 PM, Sam Couter wrote:

> Ben Nizette <bn at niasdigital.com> wrote:
>> Well that's just the thing, a major part of RC relates to the incitement of violence or other indecent acts against others. Sure fewer than 99.99% of people who do see this stuff aren't going to act upon it but when one is too many, how do you make sure?  Similar argument to gun laws..
>
> Who says one is too many? I could ban cars based on the statement that
> one death on the road is too many. Peanuts, going to the beach or pool,
> bathrooms with hard surfaces, kitchens with sharp knives, etc.

There's a continuum between "make the citizen's decisions for them" eg China and "every man can make his own decision", something more similar to America.  You are keen for that slider to be hard to the latter; I'm happy for it to be in a tad from that end-stop.  I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree there :)

	--Ben.