[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Scott Ferguson prettyfly.productions at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 19:28:40 MDT 2010

 On 12/08/10 22:23, Mike Carden wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Scott Ferguson
> <prettyfly.productions at gmail.com> wrote:
> </snip>An Ada polemic.
>
> Nice work Scott but no cigar. </grin>
>
> My personal opinion is that individual religious beliefs colour this
> discussion enough to make it hard to do. Though I'm glad I live in a
> society where we can differ on that and not often kill each other.
>
> I wonder whether Bob imagined where his comment might go.

Polemic? Must of been the two beers I'd consumed before writing that!
:-x    'twas meant to be a humorous discussion.... (fail!)
Never thought I'd come out in defence of ADA... (the Paranoid
Programming Language!)

<WOOT> It's the rich diversity (and adversity) of views that make Open
Source what it is. I suspect that most of the time we labour under the
illusion that everyone has similar views - only to discover (as Linus
did) that is far from the case.
Without iconoclasts like Stallman (possibly a one-book-ian?), agnostics
(or atheist?) like Linus, and Christians like Tim Berners Lee we
wouldn't have Open Source.

(my apologies to any Baptists I may have offended - I only have a
problem with those that follow LandMarkism)
</WOOT>

Cheers