[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 23:54:43 MDT 2010

On 12 August 2010 15:50, Peter Lavender <plaven at internode.on.net> wrote:
> 14,400 bps modems were slow, 56kb/s modems were slow, ADSL2
> modems/always on internet rocks!

Paying for ADSL2+ but only getting ADSL1 speeds doesn't rock :s

Whereas with FTTH (or even FTTN), just about everyone should be
getting the same speed (possibly slight variations for people in
apartment buildings, etc.).

As for Transact cable: when I moved down here 6 months ago and looked
for internet providers, they were a definite turn-off because I had to
first get a phone line from them and then pay an extra $30/mth just to
be able to pay someone else for internet (and at slower theoretical
speeds than what ADSL2+ offers); I use VoIP, so why do I need to pay
for a phone line?

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com