[clug] How do I set up DLNA with MythTV?

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Aug 11 22:58:47 MDT 2010

Hi Eyal,

 > Does anyone use mythtv and watch their recordings (note: no music or
 > other video) os a DLNA enabled client? If so, what should I do to get
 > this working?

yes, I use my PS3 to watch videos from 3 DLNA servers (mythtv,
ps3mediaserver and mediatomb). All 3 worked without any special
configuration that I can remember.

 > I can see UDP traffic from the TV (never back) but it does not show
 > a DLNA server. It does see my win7 machine server (when it is on).
 > My PS3 does not find the mythtv server either.

What IP is that UDP traffic on? Is it perhaps multicast traffic? If
so, is your router and Linux box setup to receive multicast traffic?

Cheers, Tridge