[clug] How do I set up DLNA with MythTV?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Wed Aug 11 22:15:51 MDT 2010

I recently acquired a TV that has DLNA support and I want my mythtv
recordings to be seen (and played) on it.

All the doco I found says that it works out of the box with any recent
mythtv yet I get no material showing.

I can see UDP traffic from the TV (never back) but it does not show
a DLNA server. It does see my win7 machine server (when it is on).
My PS3 does not find the mythtv server either.

I then noticed a mention of /var/lib/mythvideo in the mythtv log so
I put an item there (it is usually empty) and mythtv did see it. The
TV still does not see this server.

Does anyone use mythtv and watch their recordings (note: no music or
other video) os a DLNA enabled client? If so, what should I do to get
this working?

TIA

BTW, the TV (a Samsung), I understand, is running some linux distro.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)