[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:38:36 MDT 2010

On 12 August 2010 13:35, Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:

> On 12/08/2010, at 12:45 , Lana Brindley wrote:
>
> > Wow. They even put the Sex Party before the Greens! They must *really*
> hate
> > Bob Brown …
>
> The Greens support legal and safe abortion.  The Greens support a
> sustainable population.  The Greens encourage people to think for
> themselves.  The Greens are a secular organisation and support the clear
> separation of church and state to the point of recommending that parliament
> not start with the Our Father prayer.
>
> The ACL (and thus Family First) support unbridled population growth in an
> attempt to out-breed everyone who is not Christian, and their entire
> religious organisation is based on dogma.
>
> Thus The Greens are in every way the antithesis of the ACL (and thus Family
> First).
>
> The Sex Party is only rated above The Greens because the Sex Party doesn't
> have as many policies as The Greens do, thus there is less matter for the
> ACL to take issue with :)

All good points. I guess the Greens are more direct competition to them,
too. As in, if FF don't get a seat in the senate, it'll be because there's a
Green bum in it, not an ASP one (on the balance of probabilities, anyway.
I'm still kind of hoping the ASP get a shoe-in. Mostly because I want to see
what happens if they do).

Cheers! Lana

Devotees of grammatical studies have not been distinguished for any very
remarkable felicities of expression.
  - Amos Bronson Alcott

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more