[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 00:21:16 MDT 2010

The likely visible cost to consumers is interesting...  as whiz bang
as the NBN might be, I may not be able to afford the best bits.  Using
Transact monthly charges as an example:

  Cable 1 M  $75
  Cable 2 M  $85
  Cable 8 M  $95
  FttH 20 M  $85
  FttH 30 M  $130
  FttH 100 M  $150

If I read this right, when the fibre comes to my door (2612, half way
up the hill... are you listening NBN?) I should get a tenfold increase
in speed for no additional cost (2M to 20 M) but it will cost double
for the whole enchilada.

Is there an expectation that once the rollout nears completion there
will be some sort of shakeout in the industry and the consumers will
benefit from their tax supported government investment and largesse?

jim

--
Jim Croft ~ jim.croft at gmail.com ~ +61-2-62509499 ~

Please send URIs, not attachments: