[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Aug 10 19:04:17 MDT 2010

"smartest" or not, I actually accept that a faster network is essential and will
be absolutely necessary in the near future. I expect most media to migrate to
digital delivery (even the current FTA TV) with a significant higher speed/bandwidth
demand than we are comfortable with now.

And since I do not like privately owned basic services - I dislike the idea that
electricity, gas, water, phone, hospitals etc. are privately managed for profit -
I am for some government led plan for an NBN (of some kind, fiber is not the only
solution).

So, putting aside the less-than-professional (but entertaining) political discussion,
the real question remains: do we want a national network or do we trust that
"the market is always correct" and let it just happen.

As you probably already understood, I do not trust the "market".

cheers

Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)