[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

David Austin david at d-austin.net
Tue Aug 10 18:41:42 MDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Bob Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:

<snip>

> I am not necessarily against having a 100Mbps link, I just don't see
> why the minister is using SmartGrid as part of his argument. This is
> not going to need anything more than about 300bps, if that. The
> minister must have more compelling reasons to invest $43B for the
> NBN than enabling SmartGrids.

Methinks you're overrating the intelligence (and importance)
of ministers in general and especially this one!

Perhaps there's some deeper truism here about politics and understanding
of IT being mutually exclusive.

BTW: Quick plug for the Pirate Party to address vaguely related issues:
http://pirateparty.org.au/

David